The Old Courts
The Old Courts is a 69,000 square foot not-for-profit multi-arts venue which aims to bring innovative art, music, comedy, dance and spoken word to Wigan. It currently houses an art gallery, artist studios, two music venues, a 200 capacity theatre, bars, band practice rooms and cellar cinema with plans to have an art café in the near future. Our building was built in 1887 and retains much of its original charm, including a Victorian courtroom and adjoining prison cells. All ticket, drinks, venue hire, and donation money go back into the project.
Text supplied by third party.